What hap to ny server?!

• NA server down I guess @Mikkel

• Administrators

Took it offline, it costs too much

• @admin said in What hap to ny server?!:

Took it offline, it costs too much

US players get nearly 200ms ping on frankfurt server. Is there a plan to replace with another US based server? That server was really slow/spotty at times so probably best it's gone. but I can't see the game surviving without a US option. I'm sure a few of us would be willing to contribute if needed.

• Why do you have the Frankfurt server if no one is on it brother? @admin

• Administrators

Problem is frankfurt server is also main server(website etc), and that can't be closed. Maybe I will open another one, let's see how this goes. I think most will have ok ping

• Global Moderator

@admin Does the frankhurt server even work? (Edit: Checked, it does work)

• Global Moderator

Sweet, me and @Reaper can finally fight in low ping.

• Global Moderator

@The-Sniper I had lower ping than you had on that USA server and i'm in the UK. When you have 80-100 ping on a USA server and you live in or close to the USA - there's quite a lot of things you can do on your end to reduce latency.

• @Faker said in What hap to ny server?!:

@The-Sniper I had lower ping than you had on that USA server and i'm in the UK. When you have 80-100 ping on a USA server and you live in or close to the USA - there's quite a lot of things you can do on your end to reduce latency.

I'm out. I have 200mbps internet and will not stand for 200 ping. Unless there is another server option it is unplayable.

• Germany server is unplayable for me even though I have fiber optic internet. (New York)

Im sure a US server for a game with this small of a population isn't expensive.

I'll put my money where my mouth is.

Im willing to donate for the server hopefully others can chip in.
    @admin @Mikkel Drop your paypal.

• Administrators

Hmm I'll see what I can do..

• hahaha you all complained about my lag loool! Guess who aint lagging no more! you bunch of laggers lol! I am probably going to be 50% better now

• @The-Sniper Il whoop dat ass in low ping! lol but seriously your right. Its mainly US guys that play at the moment.

• Sniper is right. Most USA players don't have a good connection on the Germany server. I usually have a ping of -1 through 100 on NY server, but now I have 177-250 on the Germany server. I have 1000 mbps plan yet it's now unplayable for me.

If this is the only remaining option, I will have to stop playing too. Good luck guys and thanks Mikkel for providing a free game for a long time.

• Global Moderator

@Black_Bear Me and @Reaper run really fast but there are still lagg spikes for some reason

• Administrators

Only thing that can fix lag spikes is a dedicated server..what we have now is a shared server, other people are running their games or apps or whatever alongside ob, on the same computer. In the good old days OB had a dedicated server but I changed to this because I thought it was just as good (and it is for websites and such) , and it's really easy to set up, and also because it costs less. I'm looking for a dedicated server right now, I think I can get one for as little as 40$, not a truly dedicated, but CPU time is guaranteed, which is what causes lag (I think). Think about it, 10 years ago almost and we had no spikes, this should be fixable.

• @admin said in What hap to ny server?!:

Only thing that can fix lag spikes is a dedicated server..what we have now is a shared server, other people are running their games or apps or whatever alongside ob, on the same computer. In the good old days OB had a dedicated server but I changed to this because I thought it was just as good (and it is for websites and such) , and it's really easy to set up, and also because it costs less. I'm looking for a dedicated server right now, I think I can get one for as little as 40$, not a truly dedicated, but CPU time is guaranteed, which is what causes lag (I think). Think about it, 10 years ago almost and we had no spikes, this should be fixable.

Let us know if we can contribute I'm sure a few of us would send donations.

• @admin yea I’ll donate aswell, along with others I was talking too and I know if you ask unstoppable he would too for ob sake lol. Sht you should be getting paid for all the hard work you put into ob thru the years anyways so lol 😂. But yea I think a U.s based server would be best because, we have about 12-16 players atm a pretty good amount and only 2 of them is non u.s (faker and reaper) the other 13-14 is all us! Send the paypal I’ll donate for ur hard work ! ;)🙂

• @itzcrank said in What hap to ny server?!:

@admin yea I’ll donate aswell, along with others I was talking too and I know if you ask unstoppable he would too for ob sake lol. Sht you should be getting paid for all the hard work you put into ob thru the years anyways so lol 😂. But yea I think a U.s based server would be best because, we have about 12-16 players atm a pretty good amount and only 2 of them is non u.s (faker and reaper) the other 13-14 is all us! Send the paypal I’ll donate for ur hard work ! ;)🙂

Agreed. Until this is fixed I'm retired for the moment.

• Global Moderator

@The-Sniper Funny how Reaper gets a server that's in Europe and yet he still laggs. People need to stop running OB on wireless.

Looks like your connection to Online Boxing 2D forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.