*** Retro OB is finally online! ***

• Administrators

If anyone now was here in around 2000 (I think unstop was) they will remember what was later referred to as "old graphics". Strange thing is, back then there were way more players than now or at anytime during the "new graphics" era.

A little background, this is a game I was working on at the old home computer Commodore64. I never got to completely finish it though for various reasons, probably because of the rise of the PC at the time. Somebody even wrote a little article about that https://www.gamesthatwerent.com/gtw64/boxing-game/. Some years back I suddenly got the urge to work on it again..this time with new computer languages and new technologies I'd learned in the meantime.

I thought it would be a quick project, but like everything in the computer business, projects are always much bigger than what you think. So I quickly had a single player version ready, but then because of a very busy work schedule I didn't work on it for almost four years!.

Well finally got some sparetime to finish this project. I know it's been a long time since I posted about this, but I was too busy on my job and had no energy after work.

Basically what was there before was single player.

So what we have now is:

1. Multiplayer (the big one)
    2. Custom controls
    3. View old fights (I will make sure that these will be forever viewable, not like in OB were suddenly old fights couldn't be seen again. I realise now how important history is to a boxing game)
    4. Audience mode.
    5. Hall of fame
    6. Everything is online play, no downloads. I think that might be very important for new players
    7. Single player
    8. Forum

Some things are still missing and they will be finished shortly. There's another guy that works on the graphics stuff, and I wait for him to finish that.

1. Moves: bob and walk, weave left/right, weave jab, long left hooks
      Reason why they are not there is because they were not in the original Commodore 64/Old graphics version. They should be there in 2 weeks
    2. Head to head search

Here it is
    http://retroob.com

It's running on an euro server but it will be moved to a New York server soon. So there might be some lag.
    I was thinking about running a weeks beta trial, or maybe just a few days, then wipe the database and start over.

And remember onlineboxing.net will not go anywhere because of this!

EDIT: Game has moved to New York now, and I reset the database.

• Administrators

Thanks Reaper..I do all kinds of computer programming/development.

• Mint to see that dude! If my hand actually worked I'd go get ko'd a few times hahaha. When I'm not busy I'll give it a go for sure, thankyou.

• Administrators

Ok game has been moved to New York now, and I reset the database.

• @admin said in *** Retro OB is finally online! ***:

Ok game has been moved to New York now, and I reset the database.

Thanks Mikkel. Any way you can make it so there is only one OBC champ instead of two?

• Administrators

@The-Sniper I can but many people here seems to like this odd bug.

• Global Moderator

@admin Nah get rid of it. There's actually competition now so no point trolling around with the belts. Lets get a proper champ for every room. Question is... Which belt do we remove? @Unstoppable

Looks like your connection to Online Boxing 2D forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.