Ob’s TOP 5 players

1. The Crank 2 - It's hard for me to base a list on present and past times. John and Fatny were so potent back in the day when I was new & upcoming. But it's very different now when you can look back at how good they really were as opposed to just getting KO'd in a few rounds and not being able to know. Just the same way I believe someone like John would beat some of his predecessors that beat him in the past when he was new & upcoming. However, someone like Crank - I've seen him develop, show versatility to box and punch and also become defensively and offensively sharp. He went from what I still can't believe was an 11 year old kid that gave Fatny the undisputed #1 a run for his money at the ripe age of only 11. I have played a lot of games in my day and I know that as time goes on, people discover the game, they become better at it - they master it. And that's what I believe Crank has done. For me, Crank is the best guy that I have ever fought. By far (https://youtu.be/0IWojm7QngI?t=9)

2. John - For me this one sort of goes without saying. He truly did have a great career. When I was absolutely new to the game I always asked John many questions about past players and how he faired against them. I specifically asked him about the #3 guy on this list. And John put his hands down and said, Fatny is better than me - it's that simple. But then when Fatny made a comeback in 2013 John annihilated him - so I thought, john, wtf?? I honestly didn't think much of it back then because I was very new to the game but that was truly impressive. John was courteous in victory and had a nice chat with Fatny after their fights. John was a scary thing back in the day. Showed me the ropes of the game and gave me a feeling of hope. I started the game in late 2013 when the only way you could get practice was to get KTFO. And John taught me all the different punches and then let me beat up on his 'Trainer John' account which actually made me feel quite good.

3. Fatny - Fought him a few times when I was still developing and to say the least I was very impressed. He was an elite player and he was kind enough to give me advice. Differing advice from the 4th person on this list. The exact advice he gave me was - "It's an uphill battle if you keep leaning and backing up like that". I was very offended but I took it to heart because this guy is the 🐐. Having Fatny as #3 is almost a disservice to him but he didn't give me my toughest fights. Not in any way shape or form. However I just knew he was a top-elite player. A great great player indeed.

4. Here To FIght - A good friend I should say. But also an absolutely great player. I see why Crank has him topping his list. I almost went to HTF crying when Fatny was telling me to stop leaning and backing up like a bitch. This is when HTF took me to his ultra-gay dojo. HTF told me 'Fuck that, you do what you have to do to win. As long as you get the W, no one can say shit.' Those words stuck with me forever. To be fair I just didn't know much about him to make any further comments. He was sort of past my generation and didn't make too many appearances.

5. IDK tbh. The top 4 guys are just so high up there that the #5 spot is in a grey area for me. Would probably have to be another HOFer that I fought or a HOF nominee like (Viper/BB/Phenom)

• @Bearalicious hey, not sure if this is black bear? but i sort of agree. The era that we were in was so tough and the settings were completely different so it made it much more harder.
    The thing is all one of the all time vets needs to do is comeback for a few weeks and be active then they could beat the current top players. I think that is the difference there but that is no disrespect to crank or faker but its just another level of experience. Hell i came back for a bit and beat both of them but wasn't dominant due to inactivity/lag issues.

Fatny was the best player for me because people just did not want to fight the guy.
    It gets a little ropey after John because of how weak the era became and inactivity of players.

• @Reaper said in Ob’s TOP 5 players:

@Bearalicious hey, not sure if this is black bear? but i sort of agree. The era that we were in was so tough and the settings were completely different so it made it much more harder.
    The thing is all one of the all time vets needs to do is comeback for a few weeks and be active then they could beat the current top players. I think that is the difference there but that is no disrespect to crank or faker but its just another level of experience. Hell i came back for a bit and beat both of them but wasn't dominant due to inactivity/lag issues.

Fatny was the best player for me because people just did not want to fight the guy.
    It gets a little ropey after John because of how weak the era became and inactivity of players.

At this point, I don't believe most of the all-time vets can come back and dominate. There are few exceptions. Players like Crank and Faker have been playing the game under these settings for 10 years straight. One of those few exception vets would have to come back extremely motivated, willing to play consistently for years to rise to the top again. However, I just don't see that happening today with an unstable server (fights still skip or lag against certain players), people getting older, working, starting families, pandemic times, etc.

That said, I didn't play this game for over a decade, and I was able to get competitive with decade long active players in only a few months. If the server issue got fixed that means perhaps a Fatny, Larry Holmes, Here To Fight, Salvador Sanchez, john, etc. could come back to regain some glory if they were given a few years to get up to speed. They'd likely need a year or two since most of the top players today have a 10 year head start under the new settings.

• @Bearalicious Well if i can do it then i think most of them can in my opinion.

• @Reaper said in Ob’s TOP 5 players:

@Bearalicious Well if i can do it then i think most of them can in my opinion.

Are you dominating them on a regular basis? Getting a few skipping/lagging connection wins against them here and there doesn't mean you're at that level.

• @Bearalicious They don't fight regular enough for people to dominate them. I can totally outbox faker and crank when i am focused. Bit harder with Crank but totally doable. Faker doesnt fight enough and if he gets a few wins he stops fighting to prevent the other person from beating him and warming up on his style.
    Its all about activity now, i mean even Oceloti is doing very well because hes more active now.
    As the old saying goes, styles makes fights and i think when any vet gets use to the style of crank or faker then its not a difficult time to dominate but you need to stay active on this game to remember the settings e.g. stamina.

• @Reaper I don't even read what you say anymore tbh. I just read other people's comments and just know what you're saying.

• Fatny
    HTF
    Sal
    Larry
    Crank/Faker

• @ocelotl Agreed, id say faker and crank are on PAR. I give Crank the edge though

1. Red Viper dudes like fuking mike tyson up and down 10 times in one second and throws uppercuts that will decapitate u, 20 uppercuts=1 second GOAT.
      2.Fatny-great defensive fighter but Red Viper would Decapitate him.gg
      3.John-Great offensive fighter yes very sexy (like..his nvm)
      4.StreetBully/Reaper-ReaperthePeaperPeeweeHerman lag is the most chotic in the game causes memorible upsets of top players. StreetBully takes VITamin-6942011118748934hufihv fiku so he is tied for number 4 he fights to smart to be listed lower.
      5.Toosmooth(Toogay)/CrankTheDank/FakerTheBaker6942004296969- Toogay should not be hof but I put him on the list cuz I am a clown and he has won against, even tho he has lost, like pretty much all his opposition. Faker the baker- U just never know what he is going to bake, Crank the dank, He's too High on weed makes him Yoda and he punches fast and hard gg wp nerds.

-Tomato Rojo

• @AsymptoteTomato1 I have idea what you just wrote lol

• Yeah Idk just having fun

Looks like your connection to Online Boxing 2D forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.