Faker for HOF?

• Administrators

He is the most dominant boxer of this era and despite the era being quite weak right now, I learned from fighting him that he is a great player. What do you all think?

• I'd say give it some more time, but he's on the right track. Faker is very good. He has dominated yes. However, "this era" has been two players. Myself, and toosmooth (with his multiple alts). No one else has been around (consistently) for months now. If some known guys would come back and give him a run for his money, and he was able to hold his own, I would say he should be considered. He really did himself a favor when he got rid of all of the alt's and stuck with one name. I find his style quite boring (at times), and frustrating, but it's effective and in the end, gets him the W, so that's all that matters.

As far as the cheating thing I have never seen him exit a match with myself, win or lose. Toosmooth in more recent months has had a very difficult connection, so I could understand getting tired of the loading times and exiting the game. Whether that is from a knockout or not, I can't speak on that. I hope there isn't cheating going on.

And Reaper, if you really thought you were better than him you would have given him his rematch. In fact, you should be stripped because you haven't defended in 8 days. If you don't think Faker is worthy of the HOF, why don't you spend some time to beat his ass? I don't think you will, which is why you ran with the belt with no rematch. Everyone knows we give rematches after a title win. It's common knowledge. That is coward behavior.

• @thesniper I have been online and trying to fight him for ages but he is always AFK.
    I could make a comeback anytime but if i can beat Faker by literally re-downloading the game after not playing for months then fighting him and winning then i would not say he is very dominate.

• Global Moderator

@Reaper Who are you talking to? When someone's status is [CLEAR] it means they aren't even connected to the server. You tried many times to get a win from me and when you finally did it you ran straight for the woods. Back up your words and stop ducking me

• Global Moderator

alt text
    You tried 7 times. Got one lucky win and made a run for it. You said you had no time for a rematch but fought Sniper immediately after.

• Global Moderator

UPDATE: Make that 1 out of 9 times, yet you have the audacity to make those statements.

alt text

• @thesniper
    I agree with Sniper. I feel that Faker is on the right track for sure. Definitely have improved over the years and he's really needing more fighters to play consistently. Each era has their own level of competition and activity, and these late few years have simply the least amount of comp and activity than any other era in the history of OB. It's unfortunate, but not much you can do when the game doesn't receive much attention that it definitely deserves in my opinion.

I do think he needs to prove that he can defeat multiple motivated top and semi-top fighters. I don't believe i would have ever got in if i wasn't able to consistently fight the top players during my stretch. So if we can get people back into it, bring back those who would still want to fight, and try to bring this game back together and maintain it, that will definitely accelerate his process for HOF status.

Regarding who he loses to, I don't care how many title losses you get each day. I don't care how you lose the title. What matters to me is if you can hold the title honorably at the end of the day consistently. Everybody is able to get into their groove or their "zone" and be able to win the match, but being able to consistently hold that title day in day out while fighting everybody is i feel what matters the most. Winning titles by lucky KO and running away doesn't help your case.

In summation, i will have to say no for now, but he's on the right track just like many fighters who have tried. I would like to see other fighters besides Sniper, Reaper, Toosmooth, and Toosmooth's multiple alts to be motivated enough to stick around and do their best to go for the HOF and to challenge Faker.

• Dam john still around

• @Reaper Yeah still alive for now

Looks like your connection to Online Boxing 2D forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.